No BS Business Transformation
A transformational mindset is no longer an option. Business transformation is a concept that is here to stay and businesses that do not incorporate ongoing review, adjustment and reinvention as part of their operational DNA, will stagnate and quickly go backwards.
To be successful long term, businesses have no choice other than to be nimble, embrace change and adapt the way they do things.
What is a nimble business?
One of the business phrases of the moment is to be ‘nimble’. Like many buzz words, this means nothing on its own. However, the need for every business, to be on their toes, open minded and ready to respond, is a solid concept and critical for long term success.
A truly nimble business is fluid and ready to move left, right, up or down whilst keeping the end goal firmly in sight….just like the old fashioned slinky focused on getting down those stairs, no matter what!
Is this you?
Have you been knocked for six and are so overwhelmed with the stress of the current situation that you just don’t know where to start?
I think it is fair to say that many of us are feeling this right now. It is an awful feeling, and I know from experience, when you are in that hole, it is hard to see the wood for the trees and very difficult to kickstart the necessary change to move forward.
- I know the feeling of overwhelm and panic at the thought of how to keep trading and at the same time reinvent.
- I get the nervousness around making changes and worrying if they are the right ones…..the what if voices in my head.
- I know the frustrations when things seem to take so long – from planning, to final decisions and then actioning.
- I know the sense of loneliness as a leader needing to initiate, design, implement and lead change – it is tough.
Busting Business planning myths
This is why I am so passionate about supporting business leaders in transforming their businesses to be the nimble and responsive organisation that it needs to be and busting the myths around business transformation and change.
Over my 20+ years in the corporate world, I have learnt that no matter what business initiative, system or planning process you are working with, if you do not interpret tweak, adjust and customise it for your business, brand and industry, then any change will be superficial and short lived. We have all been in situations where words are thrown around, theories espoused, plans written, goals set and then nothing happens.
Don’t get me wrong, I am a huge advocate of goal setting, planning and strategy BUT not the rigid, theoretical, long-winded version with no focus on execution, review and adjustment – this just makes no sense!
An organisation is like a high-performance machine – it needs constant and regular servicing, attention and upgrading to stay relevant and ahead of the competition. Without self-awareness, questioning, review and a focus on ‘what’s next’, sustainable and profitable growth will not happen.
Leaders need to be constantly challenging the status quo and asking why – the days of bi-annual set and forget planning are over.
My no BS Business transformation process is:
- Built on a new way of planning and implementing business change that is dynamic, focussed, and flexible.
- Based on the idea of prioritising the most important 3-4 issues, setting a plan to address them, implement that plan, monitor and assess, adjust as needed and repeat.
- A focussed, simple and no BS process to move your business (and you) toward your goal, one prioritised chunk at a time.
I would love to hear from you and see how I can help.
Want to find out a bit more?
‘Demystifying the Road to Change’, my soon to be released book, is your step-by-step guide to creating a one-page plan, implementing that plan and setting your business up for long term success.
You may be thinking, ‘I’ve done planning before. Nothing changes.’ ‘Demystifying the Road to Change’ will bust the cynicism around planning and show you a new way – you’ll discover:
- Why your past attempts to reboot your business slide to a halt.
- How to power through the roadblocks and keep moving ahead.
- What to do, when to do it, and how to execute every stage to achieve your business and life dreams and have everyone in your business enjoying the ride.
- A step-by-step pathway, complete with templates and checklists to take you and your leadership team through a collaborative process
- How to set your business up for long-term growth.
Demystifying Change is all about making your dreams a reality. No BS.